Monday, January 3, 2011

IHF Best Face Photo of 2010

The first theme of the year for I Heart Faces is the best face photo from 2010. My favorite face from 2010 is the face of my sweet niece Emory. My husband and I have moved quite a bit in the past year. I'm so thankful that one of the places we ended up was Columbia, SC. I was only about 50 minutes from my little sister. Turns out that while we were living in Columbia she found out that she was pregnant. At 31 weeks she went to the doctor for her regular visit and found out that she had preeclampsia. She also found out that she was infected with a virus called CMV. CMV, if passed to the baby could be devastating. Her placenta was bad because of the CMV and wasn't giving the nutrients to the baby. She was referred to a high risk pregnancy doctor. She ended up going into labor at 35 weeks. Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal. However, Emory was much smaller than a normal baby at this stage. Well, sweet little Emory was born weighing 3 lbs, 6 ounces. This picture is from the first time that I was able to hold her in the NICU. I marveled at how something so tiny could be so perfect. Guys, you have no idea what a blessing this little girl has been to our family. I am smitten with her. She is now 6 months and weighs a whopping 12 lbs. I am in awe of the God that we serve and how good He is. Regardless of our circumstances, regardless of the outcome, HE IS GOOD and deserves every bit of our praise.
Photobucket
Head on over to I Heart Faces to see some other Best Face Photos of 2010.

23 comments:

Shalie said...

very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Look at that precious little face! Absolutely perfect.

Casey said...

So pretty. I love the colors and composition.

Stahnke said...

Doesn't get any better then a new little face!

Christine said...

So sweet!

Z'sTheDay said...

awwww, how miraculous. and a complete doll as well. children are such special gifts, thank you for sharing this, I'm sure her Mom will cherish it forever :-)

Kelli Mc. said...

So, so, so sweet. Awesome moment, awesome photo.

Nicole O'Neil said...

Stunning.

Rachel said...

What an absolute angel. Thank you for sharing this story. I'd love to see an updated photo of her! I know that what you guys went through must have been so scary for you at the time. So glad things worked out!
~Rachel Osborne Photography
http://rachelosbornephotography.com

CARRIE said...

So sweet and tiny!

Tami said...

oh how sweet!:)

Christine said...

I get most of my testures for free on Flickr from Skeletal Mess.

candacesoon said...

Mel..this is the sweetest photo! Look at that precious, perfect little face!

Helen said...

Aww! Totally brings back memories from my own little NICU babies!

Belly Monster's Mama said...

She is just precious, and the story - I'm so happy everyone turned out ok!

Amy Henderson said...

Awww I got goose bumps reading about this beautiful photo. What a precious doll!

Unknown said...

What a tiny, perfect little one! Beautiful shot. :)

My Captivating Life said...

So perfect! :)

Sally said...

Oh, this is just too precious for words. Love it.

Unknown said...

I love this!!! She is beautiful!

rachellechaseblog said...

beautiful capture..
beautiful words.
What a mighty God we serve

Jean Marie said...

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow.....she is a beauty.....if I hadn't been smiling full blast at that adorable face, I would have been bawling.

Beautiful beautiful picture.

Jami said...

I love this. What an angel. What a beautiful moment to capture!

Search This Blog

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio